Thursday, October 3, 2013

Muumi Seikkailu Muutto

At the beginning of the fall I saw this new Arabia Muumi-mug in the shops and it stuck with me.
It’s called Move, New Adventure.

Then two weeks ago we made a decision that the whole family will be moving to Tanzania at the end of this year. The cup got even more meaning. New adventure. 

There are many reasons to justify this choice: rational, emotional, any kind. One of the decisive ones is Julius’ health, because he was doing perfectly while Tonny was here, and not so much since he left again. Stress on my kids is just not something I can live with. 

This way we get to be a family while Tonny is on his new adventure. It is scary, exciting, wonderful and sad all at the same time. We will have to leave many wonderful friends here in Finland, the amazing day care group that the boys are a part of, our beautiful home and of course family too. But luckily planes fly both ways and we can come back and the nearest and dearest can come to visit us too. I won’t mind leaving the cold Finland and seeing the ocean again. We also have family there, and the boys get to be with them and bond with them too. We all get to improve our swahili, and come back - which I know for sure one day we will - stronger, and our energies filled with an amazing life experience. 

My new philosophy in life is to live for me, and for the things that make me and my kids and my husband happy. Right now this is it. Just being together, no matter where in the world it will be, is what makes me happy. What fills me with pure joy just from being alive. And because of that feeling, I know, that even if the change will have some obstacles on the way, this decision is the right one to make.

We’re coming home baby….



6 comments:

  1. Voi Maiju, aivan kertakaikkisen kutkuttavan ihania uutisia! :)

    Ja voi hauskuutus ja sattuma: minäkin ihastuin tuohon kyseiseen mukiin jo aiemmin tänä syksynä, siinä tuntui olevan kaikki kohdallaan nimeä ja värimaailmaa myöten. Ja nyt, juuri kun olen palaamassa/muuttamassa Ghanaan, niin äitini osti minulle sellaisen. Tuossa se odottaa pöydällä pakkaamista ja muuttoa.

    Elämä ja onnelliseksi tekevät asiat <3

    Voikaa ihanasti!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope everything goes well with your new adventure! I still have my muumi cup you got me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) thanks Ann! Maybe when I'm in Tanzania you'll finally visit me... I have some cute boys for your princess to choose from.;)

      Delete
  3. Olipa onni, että löysin blogiisi. Miten kutkuttavia aikoja elättekään. Jään innolla ja mielenkiinnolla seuraamaan teidän perheen käänteitä.

    Onnea muutoksen tuuliin! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos, jännitystä riittää täällä mutta innolla silti odotetaan muutosta :)

      Delete