Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Time management

I've always considered myself as a quite good time planner. Growing up with school, gymnastics and piano classes several times a week I had to. I never missed an assignment or was late anywhere, and those lessons have carried me until now. Now I'm baffled. 



Balancing work, DSMgymnastics, my little guys, my big guy and myself seems to be a bit too much. I set up plans beginning of this year to take care of all that, and yet like a house of cards the plans have fallen apart and I have failed to keep those promises. Every couple of weeks things just fall apart and I have to slow down. It might be a that one of the kids had a bad night, or just some stress at work or with DSM but like clockwork every three weeks my shoulder gets this pain that is telling me to slow down. So something is not working. Then I start skipping my workouts, which actually makes it worse, and yet against all sense I still skip them. Which means I'm cranky and tired in the morning when the kids get up and rushing around the house to get everything ready. I even miss breakfast sometimes, I who for the last 9 years have been lecturing T the importance of it, and then I'm hungry at the office and struggling to get anything done. Which makes me over eat at lunch and tired after it. See the wheel of badness happening? I usually get a grip after a day or two of badness and hold on to the routine for a few weeks and enjoy life as it is working out until things fall apart again.

So, now, you busy moms, working moms, stay at home moms, or dads even, give me your advice. Do you have it all figured out? What tools (like real actual tools like apps or planners) do you use to make it work? Clearly I need some aid in figuring out a multi-project-based life with some sanity.

1 comment:

  1. Little sis, you still haven't learnt it, even though J&M are older then M&M;) - it's hectic, and planning just makes it worse, just take it one day at the time, it's fine to be late and not to be prepared, makes you good in improvising...

    ReplyDelete