Friday, March 4, 2016

new year new dreams

It took me this long... Really. To refine the things I want to pursue this spring. We're in March so I think this might carry out through the summer months too. I first did the inspiration board last fall and really enjoyed having as a desk top picture. I actually felt inspired and then of course the sense of accomplishment when working on those goals. This is what I have in mind for this year.




Press handstand. This is one of "ultimate fitness" moves for me. If I can accomplish a press handstand, I fell fit. I set this goal years ago and never worked on it. I'm hoping that getting that daily reminder about it I will keep working on it finally.

Orange Fatboy hammocks. We actually own two of these. BUT they are stuck in storage for now. With our house being built and no privacy on the plot I just can't think of where to put them. This picture pushes me to work hard so we can finish the house and also reminds me to slow down and have a rest, even if it is not in our own hammock.

Two Friendship quotes. Living so far from my friends, and building new connections I wanted to include reminders into my board. I miss my old ones, and adore my new ones. I am so glad that phone calls, messages, sharing pictures and videos is so easy these days.

Minimalism quote and picture. To keep me on course of what I truly love and value. In this world it is so hard not to shop. Shopping is part of our lives. And denying those impulse buys is a big deal. I don't want the stuff but for some reason they still jump into my hands and into my shopping cart. More than once in February I actually did a U-turn before the cash register to return the goods that I don't need. Not easy but getting easier and easier every time.

Healthy choices.  I'm working on making healthy choices when it comes to make up, cosmetics, food, exercise. This is such a big part of my life at the moment, that it is featured in many pictures.

Work. Keeping it simple. Working. Focusing. To do list. Time management. Morning moments. Efficiency. Loving your work environment and what you do. That's what work in 2016 means to me.

Family and travel. Last year I realized that we keep missing the opportunities around us. The goal for this year is show our kids the country we live in. Small trips, small budged, but life experiences and getting out of our normal surroundings.

So simple goals. Nothing major (well maybe the press handstand) but instead creating an inspiration board that is present in my everyday life (digitally, no clutter please) to guide and motivate me in the chaos that is my everyday life.

No comments:

Post a Comment