Wednesday, November 12, 2014

maiju’s wall paint ltd

Among other things, getting a fundi to come and do paint work takes time. First I have to talk to Tonny, then remind him, and remind him again, and maybe again after a couple of weeks. Then he calls the fundi who says he is coming over - and shows up couple of days later. Leaves to buy paint and shows up next week. Paints the wall once and when you check it, looks like a child had a fun day with paint. Tell them to do it again. Go through negotiations who should pay for the re-work, wait for another paint shopping. Then get it done almost. Make the mistake of paying them something and they disappear for days. Then maybe come to finish the job. And still it’s not perfect. Far from it. But you just want to get it D-O-N-E.

So, to avoid this month long process I discovered Pinterest. Oh, how I love Pinterest. It has an answer to any question. Home made liquid soap? Check. Minimalist wardrobe? Check. Cute crafts for Suomi koulu? Check. Gymnastics in English vocabulary? Check. Social media presentations? Check. Anything, hear me, ANYTHING. 

Back to the today’s story, sorry for rambling. The facts: 
Wanted to make an impact. 
Had leftover paint. 
Found a picture and painted a wall. 

Tonny was a bit surprised when he came home that afternoon.



Pinterest way


my way


I have to say that I am so happy with the end result. It was fun and I bet my lines are straighter than the fundi’s.




No comments:

Post a Comment