Monday, August 17, 2009

I am so in love with you

I don't know how it happened, that I found you my love. It is strange - we grew up so far from each other - and now, there isn't such a thing as being too close.

It has been a very emotional time after wedding. Naturally different feelings are surfacing and it's been very interesting to deal with it. One of course is people sending their greetings and putting me through the big questions - how did it go? was it amazing? how does it feel now??? But I also feel that I have grown up a bit in the last two weeks. I know that I will always have my parents and Tonny will always have his - but I truly feel that it is us now against all the bad things that might come and also us enjoying everything good that it will bring. We are our own family now - small, but strong.

Here's some more pics from the Finnish wedding.

Minna my make-up artist making me pretty and finally... taking the steps towards the altar with my dad!
I was so glad that Daniel and Julianna were there. I know it raised up the noise level, but I didn't care. So sweet, huh?

One of the nice things of getting married has been that we have been receiving so many nice poems, thoughts etc. from family and friends. Very nice words, very inspiring. One of my favourites was a poem from a friend, Laura.

"Onnellinen on se, joka rakastaa. Onnellisempi on se, joka rakkautta saa. Onnellisin on se, joka rakkautta saa siltä jota rakastaa."

To the non-finnish speaking people loose translation: lucky is the person who loves. more lucky is the one who is loved. the luckiest is the on who is loved by the one he loves. How perfect is that? How, in a very simple way, it explains the basic human need - to love, and be loved.

We finally received some photos of the ceremony and celebratin from Tanzania in a digital form (thanks Katja). These are the ones that I want to share with you. Juddy, Tonny's big sis, was complaining that she's not on any of the pics - but you know what, for once I am so glad that these pictures are what they are - pictures of US. It will be so nice to look at them later on and go back to that moment in my mind. To me, our love is showing so clearly in there as well..


Leaving the church...


At the church steps...


And then we went to the beach near Malaika hotel to take some photos and enjoy a moment of peace before the big party. Our families were there as well to share it (and a glass of something cold) with us.










Baby Elisa was one of the flower girls.. :D She was a bit nervous, and did not want to pose for the pictures at all!

My maid of honor and THE best friend Jaana and her now-fiancé Pekka!!! (They got engaged in Zanzibar.. love is in the air!)








So, still missing some party pics but I think you can get the idea from these. The country is so beautiful that so many of the pics turned out nice - and I usually HATE taking photos. Of course it was very easy to keep the smile on my face on that day as well :D


P.S. The best advise came from my grand-mother. In the case of an argument listen to your husband, agree with him and then, just do it your way anyways. This is a woman who was married to her husband, my grand-father, for sixty years, so she should know... :D

No comments:

Post a Comment