Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sick and tired of being sick and tired

Growing up it didn't seem so back - you feel sick, you get some relaxing days with your parents and sisters taking care of you, you get to eat what ever you like and watch what ever you want on tv.

Now, if it wasn't for Tonny, I don't know how would I have survived these last couple of days. On friday I woke up feeling so sick that when I went to the doctor's office, I didn't even have the patience to listen. And at the laboratory, where everything usually works so nice and fast I felt like crying when it took 20 minutes for my number to come up. Twenty minutes - just shows how exhausted I was feeling. Luckily I have a good husband who on top of working all days and nights still had energy to cook for me, bring me extra blankets and water, and tea or what ever else I needed at that moment. I can't say how much it made me really appreciate the fact that I have found someone who loves me in sickness and in health. I guess I really put that in sickness to the test this weekend. Today things are starting to look better, the fever has finally burned out and I'm sure that with one more day of rest I'll be as good as new.


A little over a year ago I started my exercise program. I've been doing ok, but just before wedding I felt so stressed out that even thinking of exercise felt like a additional stress. But just before falling ill I was truly getting back to my system. I am so determined not to gain my weight back on now that the wedding is over (like everyone says I will) and in fact I still have not reached my ultimate goal and feel super motivated to finally reach it. I still have a bit of a way to go but when I started I decided not to rush it this time and really try to do it the healthy way and not by denying all the things that I like from my self. My next mini-goal is to drop another 4,5 kilos by 01 January 2010. Doesn't sound like so much, but it's not as easy as it was in the beginning. If I can make it, I will be so happy to see the new year coming.

But for now, I just need to get back to full strength so I can take my sneaker's for a run :D

No comments:

Post a Comment