Saturday, July 19, 2014

In Finland

Sorry for being so silent. Life rushes by too fast - which I guess is good in the sense that we are having a lot of fun, but in terms of tracking life to the blog it gets too busy.

On June 14 we packed our bag (yes, one, as opposed to the nine we came with :) ) and headed over to Finland for some vacation fun for the kids and packing up the house for me. We still haven't found a buyer, but I prefer to empty the house as much as possible while I'm in the country rather than leaving the task for my family. So the days are pretty much filled with meeting up with friends, trying to pack, all the while every two weeks getting the house looking clean and organized for the open house. Needless to say the daily housekeeping seems to be lacking behind in this organized chaos, but I'm yet to fail in setting up the house when it is time, so for me that is enough. At the moment 75% of our stuff is already packed up, upstairs is empty if you don't count some furniture that I still want in place for the house to look nice if potential buyers pass by.

Boy the number of cousins is adding up to alot... Max, Mikael, Julianna, Daniel, Julius, Matias 

As for the kids we have enjoyed my mom's summer house, some good quality time with the cousins, Särkänniemi and Muumimaailma, grilling sausages with Vaari, lots of play dates and being able to watch Pikkukakkonen in the evening. :) Max is clearly missing Tanzania a lot, he hated the cold weather we had in the first two weeks but is finally adjusting slowly. Julius adjusted quicker and I could see that he remembered the people and places. I love the fact that I keep getting  comments how he has opened up and blossomed during his stay in Tanzania. I am sure that a big part of this is the fact that his health has been a lot better in Tanzania. His asthma has disappeared completely and eczema seems to be fading away. Unfortunately return to Finland has made him suffer again. I wish I knew what is making him sick - just breaks my heart. He notices it now, witch makes it even more difficult. I hope next time we visit I can monitor him better and figure out what is it.
Fröbelin Palikat still does it




Everyone joined in :)

Loving every moment

My sunshine

Diego and Julius at Muumimaailma

I found my coca-cola :)

Dead tired after playing at Pikkukakkosen puisto




Cuteness @nuutajärvi

We still have some time before heading back to home. To Tanzania. We miss Tonny so bad and it truly feels like that Tanzania is our home. For now at least. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment