Sunday, July 27, 2014

At home, finally

We made our journey from Finland again - and boy is it becoming tougher each time. M & J keep me hopping around the airports, and I had too much stuff to take care of. I believe they are getting too accustomed with air travel. :) It was our first time on Qatar Air, and while the service during flights was fine, Doha was a disaster. Without the aid of a fellow traveller we would probably still be there looking at the airplanes going up. Even though they have enough staff to order the elevator or hand out a tissue in the toilet, I was told that there is no staff when I approached them for help with my three bags and two sleeping kids. I know I chose this connection, but would it have killed someone to take my bags or one of the kids to the plane??? I was just so happy to be on board and on our own seats. The benefit of travelling with two small kids, the space is plenty. I was able to lie on three seats and actually get some sleep. Travelling with the boys definitely a piece of cake, moving countries with the boys, by myself, with a flight connection in the middle of the night - kind of a lot to take. But we made it safe and sound, next time I hope we will have Tonny with us, and  couple of kangas, which will make it so much easier.



So we are home again. And after working hard for few days, the place is actuallly starting to feel like home. I wish I had 20000 euros, I would build a nice little place for us to live. Yes, it would only take that much, but it's not time for that yet. 

Boys adjusted far easier back to dar than to finland. Must be the sunshine, you just can't be grumpy I guess. Maybe also the fact that baba is around helps ;) Oh, the happiness when they met their toys again. I don't think I saw much of them that first day. They were too busy in their own room. Unfortunately our housegirl quit while we were in Finland, so I'm back to doing it all by myself. I have high hopes for finding another one and getting the kids to school asap. Maybe then I will be able to focus fully on my new challenge as a working woman again. When I get my work permit. Which will be soon. I hope. 


    ready for action

    the new look of boys room, after all the new toys found their home

    little m hates getting his teeth brushed, i'm glad we can tag-team on this

It's hard, it's wonderful, it's tough, it's full of sunshine. challenges, break throughs, dream hunting, self discovery, africa. We are home now.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment