Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Change

My little guys started school today. They were supposed to start on Tuesday, but unfortunately they ran up a fever so couldn't make it then. There was sleepiness in the house this morning, refusal to wake up, even though it is the same time as normal, but so typical that today is the day they are sleepy.

We chose a small nursery school that is called Lady Chesham. They follow the montessori program, which I found very nice knowing my kids. There is much more activity based learning than in the more traditional Tanzanian schools, and there is no way we could afford the international schools with their whopping 25000 USD term fees per child (honestly, what is it that they teach to a three year old with those prices??) I really loved when my friends daughter heard that J and M are going to this school she got very exited. She used to attend it and has only positive memories from there.

They wear school uniforms, which I find both adorable and easy. I always used to want a school uniform as a child so I think I am the most exited. I hope they will enjoy it and I hope this was the right decision. While I have loved having them around, I am glad that they will be getting so lessons and I get some time to focus on work.

look at me in my uniform..aww..

not so happy school boy


They actually both hate me for taking them there, but they seem to enjoy their days. M keeps missing J and wonders off into his class - and now he is still feeling shy :) what about when he feels his crazy confident self? This makes me wonder, has he always been so confident and brave because he has always had his brother around? I will never know.


No comments:

Post a Comment