Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Making something out of nothing

Last year thought me many lessons in life. One of the biggest one was that I hate stuff, things, clutter etc. I have always had it in me, I've always loved the feeling of emptying closets and getting rid of excess but starting out with few bags of luggage made me feel exhilarated. And made me question what do I really need. Turns out, not much.

One of the things that I've been lacking at home though is a designated work space. I try to work from home every now  and again, and then there is the mandatory home-paperwork that always follows you no matter what and can create messy house and clutter filled tables if there is no place for it. 

Fast forward to yesterday. Our apartment is funnyly shaped. So many wasted square meters that just annoy me. One prime example was this space in our bedroom:


Weird corner with an exit to a "balcony" (that you can fit in) that could possibly work as a closet type thing but actually does not fit anything. Behold: project workspace. 

T's exact words were: "When did you become artistic and creative?" Walls are covered with inspirational quotes (water color btw, but the resistant kind that stays unless you really strat rubbing it off) 
A small repurposed desk and a computer, what else could a girl dream of? (Maybe some storage, it'll happen eventually ;) ) We have a small working space now:


When in doubt - look up and feel inspired:



Quotes from Nelson Mandela, Steve Jobs, Thomas Edison, Gandhi and others will keep us motivated and inspired.




No comments:

Post a Comment