Friday, January 2, 2015

resolutions

it's that time of the year again...

RESOLUTION
  • IPA(key)/ˌɹɛzəˈl(j)uːʃən/
  1. statement of intent, a vow
    By February, most New Year's resolutions are forgotten.   My resolution is to cut back on the fast food this year.

I usully don't make them. But for some reason this year I want to set some goals, if you like, to act as guide of 2015. I'm trying to avoid the normal ones, that actually do get forgotten by mid February, but let's see how it goes.

1. ONE FOR US

2014 was more about being together than any other year has been. I had no real responsibilities, but towards the end of the year things started taking over my time and I know that I have to dedicate some time from my calendar for family time so I won't forget. 

1 day every week (mostly Sunday but sometimes I might need to move it around) will be family time. The idea is to switch off devices and be together. Occasional movie night will be acceptable but it has to be for all of us not so that kids watch their own movie in the other room.




2. ONE FOR KIDS

1 hour every day. No tv, no phones, no emails no nothing. The first thing after I come home from work. Switch off and set the timer for 60 mins. Of course it can be longer too!!! But I guarantee time for them. 




3. ONE FOR YOU

It's crazy. Time just rushes by and you forget to take time for the relationship. So my next resolution will be for our relationship. One date per week. I feel like this is the thing that is always pushed aside when other stuff come up. Lunch, dinner, movie, a walk. A moment where we are just us. No talking about work!


4. ONE FOR MY SOUL

A call, an email, a Skype, a letter, a favor, or a kind gesture.. Something and someone once a week (again, would love to do more than one) to keep my soul in check. It's too easy to not keep in touch from afar. I have failed miserably with this in 2014. So my calendar gets another reminder of taking time for this.



5. ONE FOR MY BODY

My moment. 30 min/day Monday to Friday. Whether it is to exercise, meditate, stretch.. 6:05-6:35 is MINE. 



6. ONE FOR MY MIND

Yesterday Tonny asked me how fast can I read a book. Absentmindedly I replied easily one a day of its a good one. And then halted. I used to be able to do that, now my time is sucked by some more important things like Pinterest and Facebook. So as my last resolution switch off will apply to this too. If the iPad gets powered on after 7pm it is to catch up with some kindle time. I love to read. About anything. So reading will be re-instated into my life.

Over all theme seems to be..


Did you make a resolution?




No comments:

Post a Comment