Wednesday, November 12, 2014

it’s finally party time...J4

Julius turned 4 in August. And I am a horrible, but we only managed to organize a party for him October 26. But we managed, and I am lucky that 4 year old time concept is not very accurate yet. :)


He had been asking for a water balloon party, so that's exactly what we gave to him. True to my fashion, I don't do parties at home, so this time venue was at Afrikka (what the kids lovingly call the grandparents place). 


The day was a blast, we had bubbles, and a peaceful water balloon volleyball match that turned into a full blown fight because we had some sore losers ;). But I loved the fact that everyone was game, and didn’t sit on the side lines.
























After we got everyone wet (except me of course, I was busy taking photos and eating salmiakki) we had a nice meal of grilled chicken and french fries. There was a nice lemon-vanilla cake made by Latifa and mandazi from our favorite street shop.













The party boy was over the moon with the attention and for the first time truly enjoyed being the birthday boy. The best gift turned out to be the IRONMAN shirt and pants - I guess he is truly becoming a big boy.







No comments:

Post a Comment