Monday, June 17, 2013

So how did we get from 2011 to 2013???

So, whet exactly has been going on during the last two years.

Small recap:

At six months Julius started baby led weaning (lazy mom, I know) and instantly became an expert at it. Loved food, became even chubbier if possible. He learned to crawl at nine months (skipping the army version completely). I think that's where we left off..Here's Julius at the gym with me around that time - love the chubbiness <3


Summer basically went by in a rush and soon it was time to make some changes for the growing family. We bought a semi-detached house in Kulju that was under construction. We had to say goodbye to Piettasenristi, our very first own home but before heading to Kulju we lived at mom's and babu's for four months. While it was tough at times I was extremely grateful for the rent free living situation. It was also so sweet to see Julius bonding with mom, carrying their mops and vacuuming together (activities are little bit different at Mummula). 

We celebrated Julius's first birthday in Särkänniemi zoo with friendly and family. 


Beginning of November the big move to Kukkolantie came and we were officially Lempäälä people. 

Getting the house ready while 8-9 months pregnant was certainly an experience. gladly we have alot of friends and family around to aid us in many ways. December 25th, the birth of our second baby boy changed our lives yet again.

It was Christmas Day and Minna, Jarkko, Daniel, Miikka, Katja, Aki and Mikael as well as Vaari were coming for Christmas Day meal. They arrived around three and we sat down to enjoy Kinkku around 15:30. Nice meal, so dessert and yes I was feeling the contractions. But because Max had basically given me contractions for the last three months (up to the point I had to take it really easy) I thought no way it's anything. He was already couple of days over due - I know after all the drama of fearing an early birth - but still I thought it was just another false alarm. After the guests left I lied down on the sofa expecting them to stop since finally I was able to relax, but nothing. Around six thirty I called mom I'm taking a bath but if this continues we are bringing Julius and heading to the hospital. Well around eight we were at mom's. I still remember sitting on the red chair silently breathing through a contraction Katja saying you can't be far along, look at you just sitting there, but inside I knew it's go time. We still tried to go for a walk with Tonny but barely made it half-way around the building when I said we need to get going to the hospital. I started crying when saying good-bye to Julius, I felt bad that his time as the baby was over, would I have enough love for both of them (looking back I know, it was never a really worry, just an emotional moment). At nine we entered the hospital. The lady put me to the monitor for 20 minutes and the last five of those I felt like murdering someone if they didn't come to help me soon. Finally she decided to check me and was a bit surprised to notice I was already at 7 cm. Perfect timing... Upstairs, please. So when I got to the delivery room they asked me what I want for pain. Pcp worked well with Julius so I said let's do that again. The doctor came and after that some relief. The midwife waited two contractions to see it's working and then left. The problem is that then, after the next one it wasn't helping and in fact I really felt like pushing. I made Tonny call her back quickly and she said, push if you feel like pushing. Two pushed and Max was in my arms. 22:53. Thank you God.


Two days old. Big brother admiring :)


I'll take good care of you...

Max was baptized on February at our home. Max William Missokia. 100% pure joy. Maximum energy.





The family of four...


The amazing extended family.. Some already had left the party, but we had Bibi and Babu from all the way Tanzania as well as my grandma and lots of friends. Modern Living in Finland.

Julius got to go to disco for the first time when we took Bibi and Shangazi to Sweden.

LOVING GOOD JAMMING...



Life settled to nice routine after that. School and kids for me, work and familytime, FT, for Tonny. Last summer in Kukkolantie was spent with wonderful neighbors.

Tarmo and Julius

Lari, Nikolas, Max and Julius


Nikolas babysitting.


Beautiful Max.

Beginning of October I went back to work and the kids started day care in November, after getting  to spend one month with Baba. Working, day care, kids, illnesses, school for both of us, Tonny's new business and maintaining the old also... The whole spring passed in a bang. As said now we are in Tanzania enjoying the luxury of vacation time, while Tonny is setting up his business. Depending on how things turn out the whole family might be relocating here eventually. LONG way to go though, and now it's time for hard work. The products arrive soon, then it's hello Tanzania, here is Battery energy drink!! Tonny started working on this already back in 2008, and after many hours of labor, meetings, finding the right connections the time has come. We are all amazed of his accomplishment, and praying for him to make the next stage of his project workout too!




No comments:

Post a Comment