Friday, November 1, 2013

Counting days...

15 days to go at work. I feel like my life is in a holding pattern. Should be doing this and that, but then again is it too soon? Today I made a list of arts&craft things that I want to take with us when we go. I spent 5 weeks last summer entertaining the kids with five pens, one coloring book, old newspapers and (medicine)tape. Don't get me wrong, these things do exist in Tanzania too, but the price on imported products is so high. And I suck at arts&crafts. I know some people can create anything from anything, but for me its just too difficult. I've been told at daycare that both kids love painting, cutting, glueing, putting pins etc. So I've made a resolution that I will try to do something with them while we are in Tanzania since I'll be enjoying the guys' company every day all day. At least we can go to the beach and pick things to do the arts with. And I'll enjoy that part :).

At the same time I've also been going through closets, it is fun and suprisingly hard at the same time. Many memories, old friends, gymnastics stuff etc. The silly things that I did during school years. I wish I could have a talk with Maiju at sixteen or even eighteen. She would've needed a boost in confidence. She should've been told to live to the fullest, and reach for the stars. But at the same time I love my life now, so maybe everything that I have experienced was meant to be. And meant for me.

Life is changing again. I might be the only person in the world who loves changes. At work, home, everywhere. I always see it as an opportunity to grow and become something better. I just hope that the little guys will adapt to the change with as little problems as possible.

November 25 my calendar says: "The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." That's the first day off work for me and the beginning of a new life cycle.

2 comments:

  1. Wow..this could have been written by me! Same thoughts here, I don't know whether it is 30 odd years in this planet that makes you realise the limits of things and time or is it just having kids and marrying a foreign man that makes simple things more challenging. Reaching for the stars is still what I keep on telling to myself even though the sky seems to be a lot further now than it was at the age of sixteen :) I bet you will be loving your time in Tanzania. Our next home will be soon in Australia. Good luck and like my mother-in-law says (she moved homes all the time with her husband) "the first six months is the toughest, after that you can really judge the place and tell if you l like your new home or not"! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think for me this "what do I REALLY want to do with my life" process started after having the first kiddo. Must be the fact that carefree life ends, responsibility starts that makes you think. For me the most important thing I want to teach to the boys is that they can be whatever they want and go wherever they want... I've always believed that the easiest way is leading by example so that's what we're doing now :). I just wish other people would also see it as an amazing opportunity to LIVE life to the fullest and not something that we HAVE to do. Go back fifteen-twenty(?) years when we were silly girls competing in gymnastics... if someone would have come to tell us that this is what our life would be now, would you have believed them? I wonder what the next 15 years will bring..

      Delete