Monday, August 10, 2015

In the market of something to read


Ha, ha. That's me laughing. Rejoicing even. I have time on my hands. And I would love to get some suggestions. On a side note I'd like to point out that this is exactly what I am trying to accomplish with my more minimal life style - time to do the things I love. And reading has always been something that I love to do. I love the feel and smell of a book, when it takes me to new places and I also love the ease and convenience of kindle books and online blogs. I can find a book and with a click I can get started. Variety (and prices) are not great here in Tanzania, so Kindle is perfect in that case. Anything I want to read I can get it. I also love the clutter free version of Kindle. I just keep the ongoing book on device, rest are in the cloud if I want to re-read some of them. No crazy big book cases in my house (again a time saver). And the prices are far lower in digital books.








Books to read?
This year I've followed up with my new years goals of reading more books. I lost count around 45, but definitely my reading has been upped to a new level. I devoured our Finnish book library criminal stories, loved to read about Komisario Koskinen (Seppo Jokinen) and his adventures in Tampere. For some reason I loved the personality of the character. It felt like I knew him.

At the same time I've used Kindle books to my guilty pleasures. Luckily they also have some free books there so my budget can stay on track. I'm running out of things to read though - so comment please if you've come across a nice book to read.

Blogs to keep updated with?
I also love a good blog. I've just updated my blog list with minimalist/light living related blogs: one more serious The Minimalists - who turned their journey into a true lifestyle, and probably became millionaires on the waya. And Light by Coco. I've actually watched her videos on Youtube and if you can ignore the echo in many videos, she actually simplifies things quite nicely. These blogs keep me on track.

I'm in the market for more to read, so please link anything interesting that you've come across. I'd much rather spend my time reading the blogs than searching for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment