Friday, December 4, 2009

Dreaming of a White Christmas

I missed Christmas last year, because we were on a safari in Tanzania, and I've been waiting for it to come around this year so bad. I'm doing the whole family thing. Mom and Jouni are not around but I've invited Dad and Grandma over as well as Miikka and Minna, Jarkko and Daniel. I think Tonny's family might join us as well, but anyways it's going to be so nice just to relax and enjoy everyone's company.

I'm being a good housewife and cooking the whole christmas meal, with a huge KINKKU and everything. It's nice, for the first time in years I get to spend the chirstmas in a place that feels like HOME and with family. I don't know when was the last time I did that. For years now my christmas has been a bit of a chaos. Normally we try to divide the day smoothly between my mom and dad and always end up feeling like we failed totally. I just can't wait when we have children of our own and it truly becomes a huge family gathering. Kids just make Christmas feel so much nicer and their precense gives a good reason to be silly and go all crazy with decorations and preparations.

I actually have a big Christmas wish this year.. but I'll let you know whether I got it or not only after.. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Well if you don't have diary anymore, gotta keep writing somehow:D Say hi to Tony and enjoy your first x-mass as a married couple!!! We have a new home too and I'm gonna cook Finnish x mass dinner too:) but still missing x-mass tree... lol!

    ReplyDelete