Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas List


When I was a kid it was always hard for me to understand the pressure that mom's go through to set everything up for the big day. And now, for the first Christmas at our own home, as husband and wife, I get that same feeling, "need", to get everything perfect. I wouldn't describe the feeling to be negative at all, just a little extra kick in the b-hind to get things going.

So, for me, a way to release a stress of multiple tasks has been making a list of all the things that I need to do. It works in two ways - 1) I don't have to worry that I'll forget anything 2) I get a nice feeling of accomplishment when I can tick off any given task from the list.

So here's my pre-Christmas list:

TO DO AROUND THE APARTMENT

1. finish all the laundry
2. separate good usable clothes off the ones that I don't use
3. clean the closet
4. organize office and corridor closets again
5. storage everything unnecessary (esp. cd's, dvd's and books)
6. bring out decorations
7. make new decorations
8. clean thoroughly
9. decorate
10. try to do something to office
11. storage wedding dress + other wedding things

TO SHOP

decoration things for door
outside decorations
Christmas present for mum
Minna's, Aki's birthday present
Daniel's name's day present
table for corridor
look for a chair
lamp for corner
lamp for living room
mini-table
big vase for decorations
small basket for table
take pics to be framed
talk to dad about hanging the pics
buy presents for rest of the family
candles
table cloths
take Tonny's watch to be fixed

HAVE ALL OF THIS FINISHED BY 20th.

Lot's to do, but not impossible. At least I have a hubby to help me. Christmas is fun, right??

No comments:

Post a Comment