Sunday, October 20, 2013

The BEST best friend of the world

When I was two years old my parents built us a beautiful home in Hervanta. The area wall full of little kids and quite fast we were a group of girls growing up together. While I've lost touch with every other person from that group I have always had Jaana by my side.

We shared our first day of school together, playing horses on our back yard, gossiping about boys and talking how cute is the one next door. She kept me sane when I was doing gymnastics every day - she was still there while others got frustrated of me always being away. When were we teenagers my parents were always happy if Jaana was part of the group that I went out with. They knew that she would make sure I got home safely, which she always did. She was there listening Anja Niskanen with me and dreaming about whoever was the current boy I was "madly" in love with, she even delivered love letters on my behalf ;).

Even though we have lived in different cities or even on the other side of the world, I have always know she is there for me. She was there for my wedding day (and you can imagine me being the bridezilla) in Finland and in Tanzania too. She is Julius' godmother. No matter how much time passes, we always have the connection and I know I can call her even in the middle of the night. She has always balanced my life. I never have the pretend to be anything else than me if I'm around her.

I was watching this movie the other week the words from 01:33 were like talking about her. 




Happy 31st birthday my lovely Jaana. Hope you have a good one! You are the best friend anyone could ever hope for. I hope I can be half as good of a friend to you. Let's see if we can make it to 40 together ;).


Coming back from school day 1





No comments:

Post a Comment