Monday, October 7, 2013

The Angels of my life...

Saturday night I start feeling it. I'm getting sick and this is no joke. During the night I spend most of it in a hot bath since it seems to be the only place where the pain is not so horrible. I load up myself with pain killers and dread the morning when the little guys get up. When morning comes after sleeping for two hours I know I won't make it through the day without some reinforcements. Quick call to my dad and mom, my two emergency Angels. Dad will come for the morning shift and mom will try to make it after nap time. Pain is not getting any easier even though I'm taking 1g panadol. Fever stays the same.
With the help of my parents we survive the day. When I go pick up the giddos after my visit to the doctors I get greeted with big smiles and guilt of not spending the Sunday together subsides. Julius is asking if I am ok, do I need to go to the hospital, did I take my meds already and volunteers to hold my hand while we walk to the car so I won't get hurt. He makes sure that his little brother has his seatbelt on and reminds me to drive safely and stop when the trafficlight is red. My caregiving Angel.
Today I woke up when the smallest family member put his hand into mine and sighed "äiti".My little golden Angel. After a night of such a stuffy nose and a subsequently a dry mouth that I spent it dreaming of a coca cola glass that just would reach my mouth no matter how many times I would tilt it, wake up like that feels like I'm in heaven.
7:32. The best neighbors ever take over the morning routine, and get the kids to daycare on time. I get to rest and am told that there will be a lunch delivery later on in the day. Always there when you need someone the most. Everyday Angels who understand what it is to run a household alone and what moments of the day you need them the most. 
On top of this I got other offers to take the kids or help me otherwise. I would much rather have Tonny here to back me up when these situations arise, but I rest easier knowing that if I have an emergency, my boys will have easily 10 people making sure they are ok.
How lucky am I??? Thank you God for blessing my life with all these wonderful people. 




No comments:

Post a Comment