Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Meaning of Home

You hear the saying -you don't know what you got, until it's gone- often in love songs. But what I've come to realize is that it applies to many things in life. Most recently home. I've lived by myself since my early twenties and even before that would like to think that I was quite independent. (I'm sure my siblings will be rolling their eyes right about now..) I couldn't even gather how much effort it would take to live under other people's rules again. Don't get me wrong, I am truly grateful to my in-laws that they graciously took us in. It was not even a discussion, but rather expected. But culture-shock aside, the independent woman inside me started to rebel - fast. Of course it is so easy now to be all understanding and zen about it, but in the heat (literal and figurative) of the moment it is harder to hold my tongue. So I think us moving out will be the best for everyone.

Our new home is tiny, but enough for us. J&M will have their own room, we our bedroom (wow) small living/dining area and a little kitchen. I will have to use all my creativity to make it work for us, but I am up for the challenge. The little designer in me is anxious to hit the paint shop tomorrow. We don't want to stay in the fumes so we try to paint and clean everything before finally moving there.

The thing is that we own precisely three pieces of furniture in this part of the world. Our bed. Kids bed/storage unit and their little table. Aside from that we have ikea kids plates and cups and total of 6 muumi cups. Not to forget forks and knifes. Pole pole sasa. 

Welcome to visit and sit on the floor :). Well I've been reading a lot about minimizing property, getting rid of the unnecessary. You could call this is jump start. Nothing to get rid of (except a pile of clothes that fall off of me) only buying what we truly need. How about that.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment