Saturday, March 29, 2014

Room #1

The previous post was written before the love, but got jammed up in the drafts with all the hassle of the more. 
We are now staying for the fourth night in the new place.

Home sweet HOME.
At the moment I'm enjoying a quiet moment. There's the fan blowing some air, and I can hear some frogs outside. But quiet. Kids and Tonny are fast asleep and I am alone in our living room. I'm sitting on a duvet cover leaning on a pillow, and the only furniture in the room is shoe rack and four dining chairs that we finally got yesterday. No sofa, tv, dining table, curtains - not even a carpet. But I'm happy. At peace. There is something about privacy and independence that empowers me.

I'm taking it one room at a time and because I want them to love our new home, the kids came first. If i knew how to draw i would have pursued a life in interior design. As it is now, i just get to plan with our homes. With the kids i wanted color, color, color. But with a twist. And let me tell you, our fundi had to repeat some libes a couple of times before i was happy with the end result. 


    Entrance, you can see the little table got a different color this time. Not a very bright idea to put white table for kids. :(

We are missing some tinga tinga mini stools I have fallen in love with for the table and big pillows under the bed for comfy reading corner (I'm too old to climb up to the bed). Maybe some paintings on the wall but otherwise they are all set.



The boys are in heaven. All of a sudden I'm not needed 24/7 anymore, rather I need struggle to get them away from their games during meal and nap time.

Next up is kitchen...





No comments:

Post a Comment